Plasma technology is the “magic wand” behind an increasing number of industrial processes and the key to success for several biomedical and environmental applications.
Industrial, environmental and biomedical applications are characterized by the common need of innovative and advanced treatments aimed at enhancing specific properties of different materials (from polymers to metals, from ceramics to biological substrates).
At the same time, the medical sector constantly demands for new tools and technologies enabling innovative therapeutic technics as to treat currently incurable pathologies and diseases, to limit surgeries or to support and enhance existing therapeutic procedures.
Plasma is a ionized gas, able to conduct heat and electricity, consisting of electrons, neutrals, radicals and ions. The possibility of precisely controlling plasma chemical and physical characteristics makes plasma technology the ideal candidate to solve such a varied range of needs.
PlasMI is the first smartphone sanitizer based on cold atmospheric plasma technology.
PlasMI effect is based on the reactive species and UV produced by plasma, that guarantee extremely high antimicrobial efficacy in just 10 min!
Mobile phones are indispensable accessories both professionally and socially but they are frequently used in environments of high bacteria presence.
Growing number of studies highlights the potential role of mobile phones in the dissemination of diseases.
- “Mobile phones may serve as vehicles of transmission of both hospital and community-acquired bacterial diseases” Akinyemi et al., J. Infect. Dev. Ctries., 2009
- “1 in 6 mobile phones is contaminated with fecal matter” CNN
- “The mobile phone dosen’t just remember telephone numbers but also a history of our personal and physical contacts” Simon Park from The University of Surray
- Lo smartphone? Un vero paradiso per i germi (@ La Repubblica.it )
- AlmaPlasma: la startup bolognese che elimina i batteri dagli smartphone con il plasma
- 99.9% bacterial inactivation in 10 minutes (tests performed on most common bacteria found on smartphones: S. aureus and E. coli)
- Designed for the most common smartphones
- Compact size (31 x 20 x 16 cm) and easy to use
- Operated with 230 V AC or solar energy